Waterfall is the obfuscating of the regularly clear focal point of the eye, bringing about foggy vision. The advancement of waterfall is progressive and effortless, so patients are typically uninformed they have it. In any case, as the waterfall develops, patients might experience issues perceiving faces, seeing around evening time or performing everyday undertakings like perusing or driving a vehicle. Others may likewise encounter s glare or have diminished vision, making them need more brilliant light for perusing and doing different exercises.
A common cause of blindness in people age 60 and above, cataract can also develop in people who:
- Have a family member with cataract
- Have diabetes
- Have hypertension
- Have had an eye trauma or surgery
- Smoke and drink excessive amounts of alcohol
- Are obese
- Are always exposed to the sun
The best way to eliminate waterfall is through waterfall medical procedure. It includes eliminating the focal point with waterfall and supplanting it with a fake focal point called intraocular focal point (IOL). Waterfall medical procedure is the most widely recognized and most secure system performed today. Because of innovative advances, patients can now pick either Conventional Cataract Surgery and Victus Femtolaser Cataract Surgery:
- Conventional Cataract Surgery – A blade or a knife is used to make an incision on the cornea. The capsule is manually opened to access the cataract. A chopper instrument is then used to break the cataract.
- Victus Femtolaser Cataract Surgery – The Victus Femtolaser is used to create an incision on the cornea, open the capsule to access the cataract and break the cataract. This makes the procedure more precise and ensures patients of better visual outcome. Asian Eye Institute is the only eye care facility in the Philippines with Victus Femtolaser by Bausch and Lomb Technolas of Germany that can be used for both cataract and LASIK surgeries.
Whether the patients picks the traditional way or the Victus Femtolaser medical procedure, the expulsion of the waterfall focal point and implantation of IOL are finished in comparable design. Since it is a short term methodology, waterfall patients can return home after the medical procedure. Recuperation period might require three days to about fourteen days.
A waterfall screening is important to decide the sort and degree of the waterfall and inspect the general state of the eye, on the off chance that there are other eye inconveniences influencing your sight.